Assalamualaikum wbt dan selamat malam semua... lauk yg sgt best, pertama kali terasa nk mencuba lauk ala Indian cmni pulak..tak sangka sangat menepati selera kami sekeluarga
Resepi dr Indian Khana, tq for the best recipe...mlm2 ni rasa malas pulak nk translate, tp rasanya semua faham kot kan sbb sng je...kalau tak faham blh g kat link atas tu...situ ada gambar step by step
SOTONG MASALA CURRY RECIPE
- 400gms - Squid/Sotong
- 5 Large - Onions
- 5 - Green Chilies
- 3 Large - Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp - Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 3 tbsp - Oil
- 1 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp - Mustard Seeds ( biji sawi )
- 6 to 7 - Curry Leaves
- 2 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1.5 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp - Coriander Seeds Powder
- To Taste - Salt
- 4 tbsp - Chopped Coriander,Mint Leaves
- Wash and chop sotong or squid in medium size pieces, marinate it with 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp salt for 15 to 20 mins or until required. Before adding to curry rinse 2-3 times in water.
- Peel and slice onion, slit green chilies, chop tomato and coriander, mint leaves.
- In a wok or pan heat oil add cumin, mustard seeds and allow to splutter. Add curry leaves, onion, green chilies, ginger-garlic paste and saute until onion becomes soft.
- Once onions becomes soft and brown add red chili, turmeric and coriander seeds powders and cook for 2 minutes in slow flame.
- Add chopped tomatoes mix well, cover and cook until tomato gets mashed.
- Once tomato gets mashed fully add rinsed squid and mix well, cover and cook for 5 minutes in medium flame.
- Add salt mix well, cover and cook again (don't add any water) for 12 to 15 mins in slow to medium flame or until oil floats on top and gravy becomes thick, stir in regular inteverals. Add coriander and mint leaves mix, cover and keep aside for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve hot or warm with steamed rice.
- Use spicy chili powder if you eat spicy food. Reduce chili powder if you don't eat spicy food :)
- Don't add water at-all, this curry suppose to be thick. Water from squid itself will help in cooking.
- Let the curry sit for 10 mins or more before you serve, it taste better that way.