Semalam cuba buat peshwari naan ni utk minum ptg, tak sangka sedap sangat n mmg menepati citarasa kami ..
Resepi ni dr SINI, tq Anjum..
250g/8¾oz plain flour, plus extra for dusting
2 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
110-130ml/4½fl oz milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
30g/1oz flaked almonds
1 tbsp butter, melted, for serving
For the filling
70g/2½oz pistachios, shells removed - guna mix nut
1½ tsp caster sugar
- Sift together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Mix the milk and oil together in a separate bowl. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid ingredients.
- Slowly mix together the dough by working from the centre and incorporating the flour from the edges of the well until you have a smooth, soft dough. Knead for 8-10 minutes, adding a little flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover with a damp tea-towel and leave in a warm place for at least an hour, until the dough has doubled in size. Then knock back and form into five equal-sized balls.
- For the filling, pulse together the pistachios, raisins and sugar in a food processor until the mixture forms a coarse powder. Divide into five equal portions.
- Preheat the grill to its highest setting and place a heavy baking sheet on the top shelf to heat.
- Roll out each of the five portions of dough balls into thick circles. Fill half of each circle with one portion of the filling leaving about a one-inch margin around the edge. Wet the dough around the edges with a little water and fold each circle in half to enclose the filling. Pinch the dough around the edges to close.
- Gently roll out each naan into a teardrop or oval shape. Sprinkle over the flaked almonds. Place the naan on the hot baking sheet and grill for about 1-2 minutes until there are nice brown spots on the surface. Brush with the melted butter and serve hot.